Search properties

Submit an enquiry

We will be in touch to discuss our requirements

    Or contact us directly


    Easy ways of staying in the EU longer than 90 days Post-Brexit rule

    Since the United Kingdom left the EU in January 2020, it has limited Brits stay to 90 days out of  a 180 day period. For some this these 90 days will be plenty but for others with holiday homes in the EU, this might not be enough. For the lucky few that have holiday homes, there are legal and simple ways of staying longer via the use of a visa, although please note that visa rules vary from country to country. 




    If you are a British citizen planning to stay in France for more than three months at a time, then you must apply for a Long Stay Visa (Visa de Long Séjour) at the French Consulate in London. This visa will allow you to stay in France for three to twelve months and the process is very straightforward. 

    There are multiple types of long stay visas, however the main two you should consider are VLS-TS and VLS-T : 



    A long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit (visa de long séjour valant titre de séjour – VLS-TS) allows the holder not only to enter France but also to live in the country for between 3 and 12 months without applying for a separate residence permit. This visa is also renewable  


    These visas are generally for work or business purposes, to study or join family members. This visa, like the VLS-TS, is also issued for one year, but it is not renewable. 

    The official French website for visa application highlights which visa is most appropriate –  




    The Switzerland long-stay visa is also known as a national or D-visa. 

    If you want to stay in Switzerland for a period that’s longer than 90 days, you have to apply for a residence permit. However, before the residence permit, depending on your nationality, you need to apply for a Switzerland long-stay visa. 

    Depending on your reason for wanting to move to Switzerland and obtain a Swiss residence permit, these are the types of long-stay Swiss visas you can apply for: 

    1. Switzerland Study Visas 
    2. Switzerland Work Visas 
    3. Switzerland Family Reunion Visas 


     Switzerland Study Visas 

    You apply for a Swiss study visa if you want to pursue studies in Switzerland and have been accepted to a Swiss educational institution beforehand. 

    Switzerland Work Visas 

    If you want to be allowed to work in Switzerland legally, you must apply for a Swiss work visa. 

    Switzerland Family Reunion Visas 

    You can apply for a Swiss family reunification visa if you have a family member who is a Swiss citizen/permanent resident and you want to join them there.